Tagging is apparently still a thing! Thanks to the lovely hosts at the Bildungstrinken podcast, I’ve been nominated for something called a “Liebster Award” and get to tell you about my relationship with alcohol.
1. What is your favorite drink?
This tends to change seasonally. A nice glass of red wine always sits well with me, but right now my absolute favorite is the Smoky Chocolate. Last Season it was the Bramble.
2. When did you drink alcohol for the first time?
I first tried alcohol at an extended family dinner. Both my uncle and my grandfather (z”l) had the obscene habit of mixing themselves Jack Daniels & Coke at every family dinner, several glasses a meal. It didn’t taste very good to a ten year-old and I don’t like Jack n’ Coke any better now that I’m in my 30s.
3. Which drink do you regret the most?
Tequila and milk. I was 16. Please don’t judge.
4. Bar or pub?
Depends on the company. I’ll choose the bar 99% of the time. For the 1% of my excursions which involve British people, it’ll be a pub.
5. Champagne or sparkling wine?
I’m not fussed. Champagne, Sekt, Cremont, Prosecco, Cava… preferably with gin, lemon and honey.
6. Who would you like to drink with?
If given the choice, I’d love to have a drink or two with Professor Brian Cox, particle physicist. First of all – physicists know how to party (as is evident by the Halloween gigs I attended at the DESY canteen). Second, I find his work as both a physicist and science explainer fascinating and I would love to pick his brain for a few hours. I promise to not mention D:Ream.
7. Where (or at who’s) would you like to drink?
8. What does your home bar look like?
My home bar is comprised of about 15 bottles of gin, two bottles of vodka, three bottles of rum, five bottles of whisky and a few odd liquors and spirits. It all belongs to moeffju, I get to mooch off of it at my discretion. I also have a rather nice collection of red wines.
9. Describe your ice cube
I really like round ice for its aesthetic and technical aspects, but making these at home can be a bit finicky, even with the right type of mold. My second choice is the square ice cube, which is about twice the size of a standard home freezer ice cube.
10. What is your Gin and Tonic recommendation?
11. How would you fight a hangover?
I really dislike getting drunk, so I often manage to avoid a hangover in the first place. If I end up with one too many drinks and a headache the next day, I make sure to get enough water in and take an ibuprofen. I’m really quite good at knowing my limits and staying away from drinking too much alcohol.
Paying it forward:
To follow these rules:
- Answer the below 11 questions
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Create a new list of 11 questions for these bloggers
- Let them know of the nomination
…and answer these 11 questions:
- If you were born in Europe of the middle ages, what kind of profession would you adopt?
- If you would be offered a new life on a deserted island with 20 people of your choosing and no way to contact the rest of civilisation, would you accept?
- What does your daily rhythm look like when you perform and feel your best?
- What is your favorite dish or type of dish to cook, and why?
- Which historical figure would you have liked to have met, and why?
- Do you collect anything? If so, what?
- What do you think is the single biggest obstacle to the cultural, social an technological development of humankind in the current age?
- How do you think people will be consuming media (news, entertainment) in 20 years?
- What is more important to you in social situations – to be liked, or to be respected?
- What is the biggest fear you have conquered as an adult?
- Chocolate, vanilla or cookie dough?